Once you’ve done your homework and found a trainer that you like, what happens next?
There are some preparations that will be common to both private training sessions and group classes such as:
• You will probably be asked to complete and sign an enrollment and waiver form that includes specifying what your goals are (i.e. a well-mannered dog, competitive obedience, therapy work and so forth.)
• You may also be required to provide proof of vaccinations for your pet.
• Payment arrangements and fees should be reviewed in detail.
Here are some interesting dog statistics:
• There are about 74.8 million “owned” dogs in the U.S.
• 39% of households in the U.S. own at least one dog
• 63% of owners have only one dog, 25% own two, and 12% own three or more.
• 10% of dogs living in homes are adopted from animal shelters
• 75% of owned dogs have been spayed or neutered.
• These statistics are taken from the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association 2007-2008 National Pet Owners Survey.